Buy Tuna Steaks
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 4 large tuna steak, patted dry
- 1/5 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin or sake
- ½ cup Water
- 4 tablespoons Sweet BBQ Rub – make this in advance from the following ingredients and store for other grilled fish or meat recipes (½ cup Brown Sugar, ¼ cup Smoked Paprika, 2 tbsp Chili Powder, 2 tbsp Salt, 2 tbsp Onion Powder, 1 tbsp Garlic Powder, 1 tbsp Cumin, 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar, 1 tbsp Black Pepper, 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper)
- In a glass baking dish, pour in the water, soy sauce, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, sriracha sauce, and mirin. Whisk the marinade together with the whisk until everything is well combined.
- Place the tuna steak into the marinade and place the dish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, flip the steak over so that the tuna fully marinates for a further 30 minutes
- Drain off the marinade and pat the steak dry with paper towels on all sides. Pour the Sweet BBQ Rub onto a plate and rub the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil generously on all sides of the tuna steak, and then gently place the tuna steak into the seasoning on the plate, turning on all sides to coat evenly.
- Grill the tuna steak for 45 seconds on each side on a very hot grill (or grill pan), add nice dark brown grill marks. Flip the steak and allow it to grill for another 45 seconds until the outside is nicely charred
- Remove the steak from the grill and rest for a minute then slice and serve. The inside of the steak should still be cool and ruby pink.
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onion and sesame seeds
Buy Tuna Steaks