The ideal way of cooking picanha is over an open-ﬂame grill with natural wood or charcoal-not just because the difference in taste but also because of the whole experience of outdoor cooking.
- Allow your Picanhai to sit at room temperature for 2 hours, score the fat cap in order for the flavor to seep into the whole beef. Lather with olive oil & season with sea salt on both side.
- Pre-heat your BBQ until very hot, we recommend charcoal as this adds a smoky flavor but this also works well on a gas BBQ
- Place the whole picanha flesh side down for 2 minutes, flip & sear the fat side for 2 minutes. Pull off grill.
- Slice the beef against the grain (horizontally) as to make multiple strips out of it (6-8 pcs). Season the strips with olive oil and salt. Place back on grill.
- Grill strips for 4-5 minutes per side or until they reach your desired internal temperature. Some of the larger strips will take longer. Take off grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice into strips through the fat cap, top with Chimichurri & serve with a fresh green salad, enjoy!
- One 1.5 - 2kg rump cap should serve 4-6 people