Simply select your primal, we will tag it with your name and place it inside our custom-made dry-aging cabinets, where it will transform into the most flavorsome, juicy, and tender piece of beef you will ever have tried.
This is how it works:
- Visit our store in Wong Chuk Hang or order online
- Select and pay for your beef primal in consultation with our Master Butchers
- Select how long you want us to age it for
- We will tag your primal with your name and contact number and place it in our dry aging cabinet where our butcher will check on it and turn it every day
- Once ready we will trim the beef and cut it to your specification (we can cut into 2 prime rib roasts, 7 bone-in chops, or 18 – 20 boneless ribeye steak)
- Come and collect or we will deliver to one address
- We will allow you to take half of the slab initially and collect the rest at a later date.
What Is Dry-Aged Beef?
A dry-aged steak is, as you surely guessed, aged before eating. You can find steaks that have been dry-aged from 21 to even up to 120 days. The most common timeframe for a steak to be dry-aged is 30 days. The meat doesn’t spoil during this time, because we age it in conditions that tightly control the levels of moisture and bacteria.
During the dry-aging process, moisture is drawn out of the meat. This causes the beef flavor to become even beefier and more flavorful, taking on notes of; nuts, truffles, and blue cheese. What’s more, the aging process causes the beef’s natural enzymes to break down the connective tissue in the meat, making it more tender. A crust that forms on the outside of the meat while it ages further this tenderization process, we remove this curst by carefully trimming it away before butchering the primal.
Dry-aging is basically a controlled decomposition of the meat, which sounds kind of gross, but results in a meat that is 1) more flavorful and 2) more tender.
- You will lose approximately 10-15% in weight loss during the aging process
- You will lose another 5-10% in the trimming process
- If we remove the bones for boneless steaks we will supply the bones separately (approximately 1kg)