French Sourdough Baguette Kit
Make your own Sourdough Baguettes at Home with this easy to make Baguette kit
- 1 professional non-stick baguette tray
- 3 baguette dough balls 300 grams each
- Place the dough balls into the fridge for 2-4 days (leave the balls in the vacuum bag that they are packed in)
- As the dough balls defrost they will start to ferment, the bag will expand like a pillow
- The longer you leave the dough to ferment the stronger the sourdough flavour will be. Proving in the vacuum bag retains the gas from the yeast and forms a crispy crust with a light and fluffy crumb.
- Remove from the fridge cut open the bag and divide into 3 even pieces, gently roll each piece into a long sausage shape using oil (not flour) try not to knock out all of the air.
- Place the sausage-shaped dough into the oiled baguette pan.
- Cover with oiled plastic (or in a plastic bag) and allow to rise for 1-1.5 hours in a warm place
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees with a metal baking dish on the bottom of the oven.
- Score the baguettes with a sharp knife or razor blade down the center (from end to end)
- Place the baguette pan on the top shelf of the oven and pour some hot water into the baking tray on the bottom shelf to create steam, close the door quickly to retain the steam
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until the golden brown