Dr Sutton's Coffee Roasting Class - Wong Chuk Hang Event Space
Dr. Sutton is a Master Coffee Roaster who has trained in Melbourne, Australia and Taipei, Taiwan. He has taught coffee related subjects for over 10 years and is a founding member of Coffee Board Asia.
More details can be found in his Well Magazine interview HERE
- Event Date: SELECT FROM OUR DROP DOWN DATES
- Event Time: 09:00AM-11:00AM (2hours)
- Location: Steak King WCH Event Space, 16A Kwai Bo Building, 40 Wong Chuk Hang Road, Wong Chuk Hang
- Price per person: HK480
Takeaways: Certificate in participation, 500 gram pack of Dr. Sutton’s Coffee (that you will have roasted yourself). This can be converted into a roasting certificate taking 2 hours off the required 8 hours of contact roasting time.
This Course is aimed at roasting enthusiasts. The course is very hands-on and will cover the following key areas:
- The machine and key controls
- Different types of beans, the process and their characteristics
- Roasting degrees – the different parts of the development stages
For those that would like to sit the roasting certificate module, they can continue with the course. This will require a final test (pass with a score of 80-% or higher) and another 8 contact roasting hours (the additional cost is $2800). The certificates are certified by Coffee Board Asia.